Food Intolerance Test
A food intolerance test will allow a person to identify and eliminate key allergens, so that inflammation can be reduced and the gut lining and body can be given the opportunity to heal.
There are two types of tests:
2.Food and Drink (208 Foods)
Why is it important to take the food intolerance test?
When food particles enter the bloodstream, the immune system may sometimes identify them as foreign and produces IgG antibodies to attack the particular food in question.
Many people these days assume that they have food allergies, however, in most cases what they actually have is food intolerance.
The difference between the two is that an allergy is a severe almost immediate reaction to a food with symptoms that can range from difficulty breathing, rashes, swelling, runny nose, and in some cases, life-threatening anaphylactic shock.
Intolerances on the other hand are characterized by a delayed response which will normally be a few hours or in some rare cases can take up to a week to show. Various studies have shown that allergies only affect about 3% of the population whilst food intolerances can affect approximately 40% of the population at some time in their life.
The response of the immune system can cause inflammation. This inflammation can trigger troublesome symptoms, which may persist if they are neglected.
- Headaches / Migraines
- Bloating / Weight gain
- Abdominal pain
- Anxiety, Depression
- Skin disorders, like eczema, psoriasis, rashes and itchy skin.
Benefits of taking food intolerance test
- Find out whether you have a sensitivity to many food & drink ingredients and products.
- Simply take a tiny finger-prick blood sample
- Optimize your diet & lifestyle knowing which foods you are reacting to and live a better life.
- Our test measures all four subtypes of food-specific IgG.
The result will classify foods into 3 categories:
- Foods and drinks that can be eaten without restriction.
- Foods and drinks that are in the borderline area and you may benefit by restricting them.
- Foods and drinks that have a high IgG antibody level and you should remove these completely from your diet to avoid allergic side effects.
- Food Print - 2,200 AED
- Food and Drink (208 Foods) – 2,200 AED